Senior (5-10 years)Employment type:
Together with us you can write your story further, alongside recognized experts, in a dynamic and competitive environment, supporting the development of Romanian agriculture.
The role of Category Manager involves managing the product portfolio, from supplier to beneficiary, taking into account the market potential, the established objectives and the particularities of each producer/supplier.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Builds the detailed annual business plan (budget) (at SKU's level, seasonality, supplier mix, product mix, strategic products, regions) and is responsible for achieving the revenue and margin budget according to it;
- Defines commercial purchasing policy - together with the Category Manager.
- Defines commercial sales policy - together with the Commercial Director.
- Negotiates supplier contracts with the Category Manager.
- Proposes and ensures the implementation of the specific commercial policy.
- Carries out the monthly and weekly purchasing forecast.
- Provides supplier relationship management and negotiates contract terms and conditions (whenever necessary) and is responsible for the execution of contracts with suppliers.
- Manages, optimises and rationalises, where necessary, the product portfolio in the spirit of maximising profitability.
- Proposes and builds the plan of national and regional activities and promotions, including meetings and symposiums (together with the marketing department) of a technical and commercial nature.
- Makes market visits to farmers (analysis of consumption trends).
- Thinks, proposes and participates in sales force training programmes together with the HR department and the Technical Manager.
- Provides support to the sales force by designing and implementing trade activities through active involvement (field visits) with the sales team;
- Manages inventory management and provides the necessary information to the support departments to secure the supply of goods from suppliers.
- Product knowledge from sales or sales support position minimum 5 years
- Relevant experience in budget management
- University degree in economics
- Orderly, structured working style, able to manage multiple variables
- Knowledge of SAP
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clarity, conciseness
- Integrity, focused and distributive attention
- MS Office (Excel, databases) and reports
- Driving licence category B.
Reports to: Director Categories